OK, then: I've put together a vanilla Minecraft server running v1.13.2, accessible via the domain 'failto.run'. It's on a server in Germany, so it's a fairly central location given the distribution of users around this primitive planet.
There's an Overviewer map that regenerates at midnight UTC that is accessible at https://failto.run/ as well.
Access to the Minecraft server itself is currently restricted to a whitelist, so if you want access, let me know your Minecraft handle here, or message me on the TLG discord (@nqbw), and I will add you when I'm next near a keyboard.
In using the server, please bear the following in mind:
- The server is there for everyone to enjoy. Don't be a dick.
- The server has finite memory. Explore freely, but be reasonable.
- The server and connections to it are subject to the laws of physics. There will be latency if you're far away. Sorry.
- I have finite financial resources. If this server starts costing me silly money, I'll have to shut it down.
- I have finite time to administer this server, and a day job. I promise no SLA on server uptime. If something breaks, I'll fix it when I am next able.
- I will try to keep regular backups, but see the previous two rules.
- If I need to restart or stop the server for any reason, you'll get a 30 second warning.
- If you need my attention, I am @nqbw on the forums, Discord and Twitter.