Let's start off this week with stories we want to cover on next Friday's podcast. If you come across a story you'd like us to cover, post it in this thread and we'll see if we can't cover it!
"I used to think Randy Pitchford was cool," Steam/Play News, Ubuntu 19.04 released, Matrix under attack, and MORE!
Steam Play just got a new update
wine-mono which enables XNA games, Unreal Engine 3, game launchers and more
- Fixes for Age of Empires, Ninja Storm 4, Evochron Mercenary
- Includes new versions of DXVK, faudio,
- Maintenance for Uplay compatibility
Lutris & Epic
Steam Client Update
- Fixed more instances of 0-byte downloads and missing Proton or data files for Steam Play titles
- Added Steam Play configuration settings in Big Picture Mode
- Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor would be invisible in the Steam Overlay when playing games through Steam Play
- Fixed an issue where the Steam Client wouldn’t automatically update or download Proton before launching games through Steam Play
- Fixed additional cursor and mouse grabbing issues with the overlay on Steam Play games.
- Improve support for Steam Library on NTFS mounts
Unity Engine's editor is now in a "preview" state on Linux
Official Blog Post
Ubuntu 19.04 Released!
- Latest kernel
- Latest GNOME release
- Open Infrastructure from cloud to edge
Windows 10 Live Tile Hijack
Matrix is under attack, GPG keys compromised
@Raven67854 sent me this one:
Matrix under attack
@nqbw shared this link
- Vulnerability in production server.
- Hackers gained access to the server and got into the database
- As a result, all authentication tokens have been revoked. All users have been logged out.
- You need to change your password.
Dissenter/Gab get their app removed from Firefox's extension listing
Lunduke tries to get to the bottom of the extension's removal
Lunduke's Called a Nazi