I am on Pop!OS (Ubuntu 18.04) and I can't get my computer to connect to my Office's VPN.
I was able to do it once, in Ubuntu 16.04 a couple years ago, and never got it working afterwards.
The IT staff supporting us has no idea and wont' support how to set it up in Linux... They sent me the MacOS and Windows procedure though (and it works perfectly).
Of course, I will leave-out some sensitive info but here is what I have:
- Server: remote.[something].com
- [username] and [password]
- Time Out connection: Never
- PPP parameters: Enable LCP extension is checked, rest is unchecked
- Type: L2TP/IPsec
- Protocoles: MS-CHAP V2, rest is unchecked
- Force Encryption, disconnect if server refuses
- L2TP Properties: Shared Key: [Some secret key]
- IPv6 Disabled
- IPv4 parameters: DNS suffix: [some internal homegroup name] I can't find where to input this in Ubuntu GUI config tool
On Windows, they sent me a registry fix for the L2TP UDP encapsulation that goes like this:
I suspect I am going to need to edit some config file for the suffix thing but I can't find what (duckduckgo and google for several hours did not yield working result)
Thanks group 😁